How to make Dango - famous Japanese food
If visitors are so fond of the unique taste of Dango cakes, why don't we try to make cakes at home according to an extremely simple recipe?
- 100g rice flour
- 100g glutinous rice flour
- 150ml of warm water
- 5 teaspoons of sugar
- 10 bamboo skewers
- A bowl of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Mirin
2. Cooking Instructions
- Mix rice flour, glutinous rice flour and sugar in a large bowl. Add a little warm water and knead the dough until smooth and smooth. Note, in the process of kneading the dough, make sure the mixture is not too liquid or too solid.
- If you want to create different flavors and colors of Dango cake, add some spices such as leaves, green tea powder, ...
- Shape the dough into small balls the size of floating cakes or slightly larger. You must mold it evenly by hand, to avoid the case that the cakes become mushy and do not keep their shape during cooking
- Boil a large pot of water, drop the molded cake balls into the pot until they float out of the water. Hold the cake for about 2-3 minutes before taking it out. After taking out the cake, immediately put the cake balls in a bowl of cold water
- Wait about 5 minutes and drain. Skewer the cakes on bamboo skewers, about 3~5 cakes per skewer, depending on the size of the cake
- Prepare special sauce for Dango. Note, the sauce must be very thick and thick, not too liquid because they will not stick for a long time on the cake. Drizzle sauce evenly over each skewers.