The reason you should visit the skytree tower when you come to Tokyo
Tokyo Skytree is a popular tourist destination located in Sumida City, Tokyo, Japan. It is the tallest tower in the world, standing at a height of 634 meters.
The tower offers breathtaking views of Tokyo and its surrounding areas. If you are planning to visit the Tokyo Skytree, here is a guide to help you make the most of your visit.
How to go
The Tokyo Skytree is easily accessible by public transportation. The closest station is Tokyo Skytree Station, which is served by the Tobu Skytree Line and Tokyo Metro Hanzomon Line. From Tokyo Station, take the JR Yamanote Line to Kanda Station and transfer to the Tobu Skytree Line to reach Tokyo Skytree Station. Alternatively, you can take the Asakusa Line to Oshiage Station and walk for about 10 minutes to reach the tower.
Tickets for the Tokyo Skytree can be purchased in advance online or at the ticket counter on the day of your visit. There are two observation decks: the Tembo Deck at 350 meters and the Tembo Galleria at 450 meters. Tickets for both decks can be purchased separately or as a combined ticket.
The Tembo Deck offers stunning panoramic views of Tokyo from a height of 350 meters. The Tembo Galleria is a glass-walled enclosed walkway that takes visitors even higher to an observation point at 450 meters. Both decks offer amazing views of Tokyo, but the Tembo Galleria provides a more unique experience.
Tips for Visiting
- Arrive Early: The Tokyo Skytree is a popular attraction and can get very crowded, especially during peak tourist season. Arrive early to avoid long lines and ensure that you have enough time to enjoy the views.
- Dress Appropriately: The observation decks can get quite chilly, especially during winter months. Dress in layers and wear comfortable shoes for the walk.
- Bring a Camera: The views from the Tokyo Skytree are amazing and offer great photo opportunities. Make sure to bring a camera or smartphone to capture the moment.
- Visit at Night: The Tokyo Skytree looks particularly stunning at night, with the city lights providing a beautiful backdrop. Consider visiting during the evening for a different experience.
- Enjoy the Surrounding Area: The Tokyo Skytree is located in a vibrant and interesting part of Tokyo. Take some time to explore the surrounding area, including the Asakusa neighborhood and the Sumida River.
Visiting the Tokyo Skytree is an unforgettable experience that offers stunning views of Tokyo and its surrounding areas. Follow these tips to make the most of your visit and enjoy everything this unique attraction has to offer.